DO ALL BABIES GET A 9 MONTH CHECK UP?

i ask this because my sons last visit was when he was 6months and the doctor said well see you when hes one? i thought there was a 9 month visit?

Lauren2008

Asked by Lauren2008 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had well visits at....

That is a lot of visits, what is the point? We went with my youngest at 1 month, 4 months, 6 months, a year and then 18 months(but just to interview the doc). I don't see why you'd need so many? Even before I stopped vaxing I don't think we had that many.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Ours did..all three of them.

Call and double check with the office. He may have had his own wires crossed and thought for a second he just did the 9 month visit?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't take mine to any. ;) We don't vaccinate. That's all those appts are set up for.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I took my son at that age.You should call and make sure. I'd be scared not to vaccinate...but I'm still scared to do it.What will you do about schll Autumn22?
    Anonymous

• My daughter just had her 6 month check up today and the dr. had me schedule an appointment for 9 months.

kaosgirly8403

Answer by kaosgirly8403 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My son has a 9 month appt. It's for vaccs. Weird that you doctor didn't schedule one... hmmm... I agree with TiccledBlue... I'd call and ask...
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Um...well visits are NOT just for vaccinations. They are to keep track of development and make sure the baby is staying healthy. Yes, vaccinations are given at SOME of the visits, but not all.

We had well visits at....

1 week (no shots)
    2 weeks (no shots)
    1 months (no shots)
    2 months (shots)
    4 months (shots)
    6 months (no shots)
    9 months (shots)
    12 months (shots)
    15 months (shots)
    18 months (no shots)
    2 years (no shots)
    2 1/2 years (no shots)
    3 years (no shots)
    4 years (last booster shots before school)
    ...and once a year after that for their yearly physicals.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• As I said in the first paragraph of the previous post....

"They are to keep track of development and make sure the baby is staying healthy. "

Do all doctors have them that often, no. And I know that. I also know that around this region it is the norm. Does that make it right? No. Does that make it wrong? No.

I'd rather be more proactive and have my boys monitored more often/closely rather than not. But that's our choice.

If we hadn't had all those appointments, I wouldn't have had a clue my oldest had challenges as early as I did.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• supposed to and its not ONLY for shots...they need to be checked. good grief. theyre not invincible and they need to be taken care of. some people are really selfish and closeminded.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2009