Native American recipe.....

This past Saturday, A friend and I took our kids to an Indian festival. There were all kinds of vendors as usual.The kids found this one where an Indian woman was making a traditional indian soup. They wanted to try it! It was just a dollar a bowl and it was fantastic. My 11 yr old son who is so picky even liked it and nearly ate the whole bowl!! She gave a name for it but I cant remember what it is. I tried googling the recipe but all the ones I have found call for kidney beans. The soup the woman made at the Indian festival just had white pearl cracked hominey corn,pork,and chicken broth I think and the only seasoning was a little pepper and a little salt. I want to make this for my family so if anyone on here knows how to make this or knows what I am talking about,please please let me know thank you!!

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Corn soup. Googling "Native american corn soup" will bring alot of variations on this dish. Everyone has a different way of making it. I've never made it but have had it before. It's delicious! :)
    Did you go to a powwow or an actual festival? Sounds interesting! (I'm Ojibway.)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2012

• Posole

I wasn't aware it was a traditional native dish though
    gaelara

Answer by gaelara at 1:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• It was a festival! I live in the Muscle Shoals area of Alabama and there are tons of festivals every year celebrating or commemerating our history!
    Fairymom32

Comment by Fairymom32 (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2012

• Posole is not Native America it is Mexican.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• http://www.grouprecipes.com/101577/pork-and-hominy-soup.html ...try this
    Keni-Lyn

Answer by Keni-Lyn at 11:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• She didnt call it Ponsole!!
    Fairymom32

Comment by Fairymom32 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2012

• @Keni-Lyn thanks for the link but it has too much stuff in it! the one at the festival just had the corn and pork and I think chicken broth. there was no cabbage or none of that stuff oh well thanks yall for helping anyway I guess I will find it someday!
    Fairymom32

Comment by Fairymom32 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2012