A question for Athiests

Do Athiests say "oh my God"? Or text OMG?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's stupid.
    Anonymous

• What's stupid? Asking questions? They don't believe in God, right? Since they don't believe in God, do they say oh my God?
    Anonymous

• i think they use it the same way christians do at times...i myself bel;ieve there is a god but i don't believe in religion...i think it is more a phrase that is so common that they use it the same way anyone else would...just because you use this phrase doesn't mean that you are less christian so in the same way, i don't think you believe in god just because you say it
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 5:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• thats actually a good question.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yes, as an expression. The same way I might say "Holy crap!" while not having any belief that any crap is actually holy. LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• OMG I do it all the time. It's an expression. nothing more. Although back in the day I used to be christian so maybe it's more habit than anything. Sometimes when someone says something I agree with I still say Amen sister. Though I am replacing that with RAmen sister. It's either habit or expression not a statement of belief.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• LOL RAmen...love it. Noodle God. Worship me !!! or feel the wrath of my noodley appendage.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I prefer the FSM's meaty balls over the noodley appendage. Just sayin....
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Those meaty balls are great, but nothing beats being touched by his noodley appendages!!

I have tried to stop saying oh my god, but sometimes it still slips out, just from habit. It's nothing more than an expression to me though, and I try to replace it with oh my goodness, when I catch it. Or just a simple oh my will suffice.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 6:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Meh. I'm agnostic. Yeah, I say OMG and Oh my God quite frequently.

They're just expressions to me though.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009