Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please moms! Im desesperate!!!!

How do I get up and leave? Where do I get the strengh to leave him? I love my boyfriend a lot we have a 6mnt old baby and im preganant again. Lately we been trhough a lot we are about to loose our house all we do is fight all day, the last couple of weeks we had been perfect like the old days bt I found out he is chating with girls in the internet, and on the fone, he doesnt go out or anything like that so I know he is nt sleeping around, last nite I found a tx message on his fone and we started fighting he asked me to leave the house and he told me im a piece of shit and he called me all this names but he still swear that he is not doing nothing wrong. I love him so much, I have a 3 yr old daughter from a previous relationship and for her he is her dad I dnt wanna take that away from her she finally has a dad. Im still hoping he would change one day he can be the best but he can be an ass too. What do I do? Please any advice

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • Honestly I think you should leave him for you kids sake. They don't need to see you treated like that, especially the 3yo. She understands and it probably is scarey for her to watch. My advice is to think of your kids first.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Well, you cant make him change. Do what you think is best for your kids. He wont change. that is disrepectful for talking to some one else online and on the phone while you are pregnant with his baby. Im sorry girl, if i were you id leave. I know it is hard but he will always treat you like shit. YOu deserve better.

    Answer by aznblond9 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Some dad, huh?~~ Why wouldn't you want to take that away from her? Is that how you want her to think a "normal" relationship is supposed to be???
    Move in with your parents, a sister, a friend, anyone really to get away from his abuse unitl you can get on your feet. If he wasn't doing anything wrong, he wouldn't be so quick to defend himself. He will continue to treat you the way you LET him treat you, unless you put your foot down and don't let him anymore!!

    Answer by christyg at 5:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • If you want to leave, then pack up everything, look at what you wrote, and look at what he did to you(this will give you strength) put your shoes on and get your butt out the door. YOU do not deserve to be treated this way,no one does. If there is a family member you can go to, do it. If he is cheating, you need to watch YOUR health. If you are pregnant again after having a baby 6 months ago, you need to go somewhere where it is comfortable for you to be.Don't let him run over you anymore , if you do, he will continue to do it. Your children are your priority, not him and not you. If you want a better life, then you need to start now by leaving.

    Answer by Kat122 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • not only that but now he said he dont want this baby, he wants me to have an abortion... My mom keeps telling me to leave him but is so hard, my dad used to be the same and she stayed and he changed now there been to gether for 30 yrs. Thanks a lot for the advice....


    Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • It is hard to find the strenghth to do it. Life is too short to be miserable and sometimes the hardest thing to do is the right thing to do!

    Answer by momsrock13 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Girl you need to get out. Get your kids and get out! You don't deserve to be treated like that. You don't want your daughter seeing you in that kind of relationship becuase when she grows up that's what she's going to look for in a man. You are a strong woman and don't need to be defined by a man. Good luck hun

    Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • if it was just u, then u could stay and find out if he would change, but its not u got a 3 year old and am sure u know they pick on stuff, u wouldn't want her to think that it is normal for a guy to act like that, and see her mum upset, do for her a move on it would be hard but in the long run, it would do u and especially ur daughter good


    Answer by sarah429123 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Just call your family and friends,tell them you need their support and want to leave...especially for your kids sake and your kids happiness...and yours.When you feel like crying,call them. It takes a long ime to be hpappy. Join church,join a gym,join moms play groups,stay very busy.After awhile of doing that,it gets easier and easier. Do the right thing,not the easiest thing.

    Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • You could always have the baby and give it up for adoption. I might also get my tubes tied. I think you need to pack up and go home to your mother. This guy has made two children with you and he won't marry you. He asked you to KILL your baby and you still sleep next to him every night?

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.