Hot topic maybe? How does everyone feel about kid beauty pagents. Good? Bad? Dont care?

My grandmother always tells me to enter my 3 year old dd. I told her, when she is old enough to care and asks me to enter one. I will help her. But none of that fake hair, fake teeth, mess. Just a simple hometown deal will be fine.

I was in a few in my teen years. Decided I didnt care about it that much.

I kinda think they are silly.

Just wondered what others thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't enter any of my kids...but I'm not against them or anything. I love watching the Miss America pagents.
    loyo3000

Answer by loyo3000 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think they make a child self-centered.
    1daughter5sons

Answer by 1daughter5sons at 5:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It's child abuse.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• ihartu are u serious???? that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard
    Anonymous

• I think it is ok for teens and adults but I think it is way too sexual for children. They way the have to dress and wear bathing suits and dance around. I think it makes them look too much like adults and there are men out there who are thinking. Wow I'd like to hit that.
    Anonymous

• I'd do it if I didn't have to do the fake stuff. Inner beauty and personality should matter most.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think they are horrible... little girls shouldnt be wearing make up, having spray tans and all that fake crap... it just anit right.... when i have my daughter i dont care how pretty she is she will not be in something like that.... its not for little girls.... jmo
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• when theyre little....its freakin abuse. when theyre bigger who cares.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think its not appropriate for little girls to be worried about such things as appearance and clothing at the age of 5. Let kids be kids. Find another way for their parents to make money and get attention.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 7:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009