15 month old with weight loss

At her 1 year appointment DD was 29'' long, weighed almost 20 lbs, now at 15 months she weighs 17lb 12oz. I have pointed out to my husband I think she is getting skinny, he said it's because she's more active which I kind of agreed but you can see her ribs and sternum. She does still have some baby "chunk" on her tummy and thighs but the Pediatrician had her get bloodwork done. Now I am nervous. She likes everything, isn't a picky eater and I don't feel like I've been underfeeding her but now I feel like I must've and I feel terrible.
Anyone ever hear of a 15month old with weight loss and getting blood work?

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 2:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is most likely her streching out and growing,, if you have denied her food when she was hungry, then don't do that (I used to have a friend who was worried her kid would be fat so she denied her food all of the time.) I would say most likely nothing to worry about
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• Was it on the same scale? 3 lbs is 3 months is a lot when you're that size! None of mine ever lost weight, but two of mine only weighed 15 lbs at a year. My youngest is 2 yrs 3 months and finally broke the 20 lb mark, so the size of your daughter doesn't surprise/worry me, and a lot of little ones do stop gaining weight when they start walking. If she's happy and healthy otherwise though, could be she's just transitioning into a thinner toddler.

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• how tall was she? did she grow length-wise in those 3 months???
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• I have no experience with this, but I understand why you are nervous. I'll give you a bump. I'm sure do hope it all turns out fine for you.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• in 3 months she only grew 3/4'' which they said wasn't as much as they'd expect either. Between her 9month and 1 year she they mentioned she grew a little less than they would've thought, she hit 29'', is now 29 and 3/4''.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• I wouldn't worry if the doctor isn't worried.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• You could try pediasure if you are worried.
    AF4life

• maybe bc she is growing taller
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 2:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2012