worried.

im about 9 and half weeks pregnant and today my husband and i had went grocery shopping. not thinking very clearly i carried my toddler and a few bags of grocerys up 3 flights of stairs. it could have been close to 45 lbs. though im not sure. when i got up the stairs my haert was pounding and i was exausted (prob. cause i havent moved off my coach in weeks). Im terribly worried this will cause me to miscarry. Obviously i wont do that again but im very fearful. Any suggestions? is this serious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you have excessive cramping or any bleeding, call your doctor, but this probably won't cause a miscarriage. I would not do this again though. Take it easy! baby growing is enough work...
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my dr. told me that lifting heavy things wont cause mc, but do try and take it easy.
    Anonymous

• I agree... you should be fine unless you start to bleed or cramp. If it worries you call your OB and explain what is going on. Maybe they will want to see you to determine if everything is OK.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 5:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think you will be okay, I too have toddler whom I hold all the time, you probably felt tired afterward not from the lifting but from going up the stairs. I get that way when I go up our stairs not lifting
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 6:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009