what should i do?

I am a young mom and i need some advice. Before we knew what we were having my fiance would never let me go into a baby section at any stores. We found out a few weeks ago that were having a little girl and i have been so anxious to go baby girl shopping..i asked my fiance to join me in shopping and he wouldn't. He acts like he wants nothing to do with the baby stuff since its a girl. we have been fighting non stop and all he wants to do is hang with the guys and drink...someone i need advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Do you have a girlfriend? Go shopping with the ladies? It may just not be his thing.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Why, is he one of those losers who wanted a BOY? Jerk..
    Anonymous

• Some men are just standoffish when it comes to babies and baby stuff. (probably just fear of the unknown) Just go buy some stuff and show it to him and say, "Our baby will wear this weather you like it or not because you weren't there to give input."
    loyo3000

Answer by loyo3000 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Guys sometimes have a hard time gettting used to the fact that there is actually a baby in there... I know my husband wanted nothing to do with the shopping and preperation and I was having twins...a boy and a girl. They just have to come to the realization in their own time. Nate didnt really want to be involved until the felt the baby kick...he says it wasn't real to him until that moment. Just let him be...I know it is frustrating but if you push him to do something he is not ready for then he is just going to be even more stubborn! Give him time, he will come around even if it takes until he holds that little girl in his arms. Nate (sorry my husband) totally ignored the fact that there were two babies in there all he was concerned about was that little boy, but I tellyou what at midnight feedings...he wasn't holding Benjamin, I had to pry Bella out of his arms for months! :) Trust me he will come around! Good Luck
    Blaire23

Answer by Blaire23 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't know about all men but my hubby wasn't interested in any way of doing any of the shopping in preperation for a baby. I agree with Mamachamp... might not be his thing. Maybe it's the whole shopping atmosphere, so only thing I can even remotely advice, is to tell him you'd like his opinion on atleast the furniture side of it and look it up online and see if he'd atleast look at the pics with you and compare prices etc. Good Luck to you. I had a blast shopping and truthfully had my hubby went, it wouldn't have been nearly as fun. Grab another female and take off and have a great time.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My husband was the same way (except for the drinking) when we found out we were having another girl. Don't worry honey once she's here and he lays eyes on her he'll be wrapped around her finger and spoiling her rotten. Good luck
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Just shop yourself... Probably just doesn't want to get into it. My husband never shopped with me. I always went with my mom or grandmother. Dont worry about it.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it too much...once she bats those little eyelashes he will come around! :) Next time you are out, buy something for her that he would be interested in (like a little cheerleader outfit of his fave football team, or some pink camo) depending on what he is into. I have found that my husband is even worse than I am when it comes to dressing up our baby like he is a doll all the time. lol.
    For now, appreciate the time to yourself....soon it will be nonexistent.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Almost all men want a boy, but when the little girl gets there, guess who is going to be Daddy's special little person!?? My son is my kid. I own him. LOL. My husband was the one buying SILK dresses for a four-year-old because it is so 'cute' and he could not resist. Ha! I would say drop the shopping with him. You can always do it with a girlfriend or without him. Some men hate shopping. The drinking is disturbing. Does he *want* to be married and be a father?
    Anonymous

• There are some guys that are weird when it comes to having a baby, they panic, etc. I would get together with the girls, or your mom, or a sister if you have one, and go shopping with them.. When the baby comes, most guys do a complete turn around from the jerk they were being when you were pregnant.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009