I have a 7 month old, and he's had all of his shots so far. But I keep hearing about the combination of vaccines babies are supposed to get at 18 months can cause austism. Is there any truth to that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Health

• I dont believe anyone really knows what causes autism.

I believe its different for every child. If you are concerned so some research. Their are ways to separate the vaccines and slow the immunization sequence as well.

My dd has autistic tendancies. and I guess we will never know why. But I wish I had done this so I would know I have done all that I could.

It might not have helped at all, but then again, maybe so, no one can tell me the answer to that.

People so blindly follow what Dr's say and they are human. They make mistakes and learn more as time goes on. I am all for shots, but education about them is a GOOD thing.

Kudoes to you for thinking.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• that would be something to ask you dr. there is gonna be alot of yes answers and alot of no answers.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Well, I have seen plenty of women say that they were afraid to vaccinate, so they didn't and they chidlren are still autistic. So it couldn't have been the cause for those children, which means it can't ALWAYS be the cause of autism if it has anything to do with it at all . . . which I doubt.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• never heard of that before.

isnt autism a genetic defect?! im not a doctor, but i really doubt that the shots cause it. so many kids who never got their shots are autistic.

my DD got all her shots so far. she is now 19 months old. not autistic
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• There has never been any causation shown between vaccinations and autism.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I asked my dr about this.The only thing we could come up with to comfort me, was the fact that all my nephews and niecess are fine.its a hard decision to make, but you wouldnt want your baby to catch the diseases that the vaccines are given for.Alot of people have told me that the term"autistic"is used now for the term"mentally challenaged"I dunno.It scares me to.I'm not trying to upset anyone on here, but I would think it was genetic.Maybe the eason for the people saying its the vaccines is their only explantion as to why it happened at all.It could be anything.
    Anonymous