how many days do YOU wait until introducing a new food to your child's diet?

I know they say 3-4, but I was wondering what the average day most mommies wait, is it shorter, longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always waited a week to give the kids bellies a chance to get used to what they were tring for the first time.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i agree with you boo...lol :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I've usually waited 3 days or so.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• If I did that then it would take years to getting around to letting my kiddo try some bussles sprouts.

'Babies need to be introduced to food in stages' = big common myth.

From 6 months onwards my kiddo ate everything I ate - no baby food, no delaying anything, just food, and never reacted to anything.

Only delay certain foods if there is a history of reactions to them in the family.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I started applesause on the morning of his 6th birthday. Carrots for lunch, applesauce, then carrots. The next day...was bananas and green beans. Now I give him fries and such. I stay away from eggs and dairy. Well...eggs... I limit his dairy... but he does get some. There are no food allergies in my family... and the only "texture" issue he has is now that he's had foods he can chew on...he prefers them to purees. :)
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Sorry...that was 6th month...not 6th year... LOL...
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I give it 3 or 4 days actually. She has yet to have a reaction, so I think things are alright. She has actually had a wide array of foods and I don't really worry about how long it will take to be able to feed her certain foods.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• There is a 4 day wait rule - but I usually waited about 2. My husband has food allergies so I was very watchful over the foods that upset him. I use the website:
    http://www.babyfood101.com
    to help me add 2 new foods a week (to help me introduce variety).
    Hope this helps!
    RubyAlexander
    RubyAlexander

Answer by RubyAlexander at 5:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I did three days.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i'm sorry but your babies tummies have never had anything in them besides breast milk or formula and everyone is different so giving them your food is foolish in my opinion, what if something goes wrong then how do you know what your baby cant have? i made sure to wait 3 days sometimes 2, good luck!
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2009