hi there im just wondering if any of you mums no if a baby is allowed to fly after having heart surgery ? my little angel daisy had her surgery in september 08 and i asked my health nurse but she wasnt sure so i wont be speaking with my liason nurse for a couple of weeks and you mums are normally very good and informative when it comes to our children cause you have been there and done that well most of you thanks again sinead ireland

sineadot

Asked by sineadot at 5:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Health

• I just googled the question and it said that if you really need to fly wait ten days after surgery but 6 to 8 weeks is better.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Just like every one else, once they are healed and have gotten the go ahead from the doctor, you can go and do what ever you want. Same goes for your child.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009