Okay ladies, be honest....

How often do your babies see the TV... I dont set her in front of the TV or anything, but its on a lot during the day while she plays... I'm curious... do your babies see TV too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes all the time because I dont think its really that big of a deal my son gets plenty of other stimulation and really it only before he goes to bed and is laying there with us
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• he does, if he is still enough to watch it.He is always on the go!
    Anonymous

• i only let them watch tv when they want to watch it which is rarely they rather run around and help me around the house instead,
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 5:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't understand why it matters? My TV is on all the time because I like the background noise. Occasionally my son will glance over at it it there's something particularly flashy on the screen but other than that, he doesn't have much interest in it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• ...I put my son in front of it once in a while. He loves animal planet! :) I don't do it long...and if he doesn't want to watch he crawls away. I'm sure as heck not going to try to stop him from watching if I am. At least it's educational. :)
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I am so glad for these answers. I just keep hearing horrible things about development from babies viewing TV AT ALL before age 2. I think people are a little unrealistic when they don't actually have kids.
    Anonymous

• Uh, my daughter is 14 months old, so she could care less about the tv, the only time she looks at it is when she hears music, then she starts to dance, and as soon as the music stops, she continues whatever she was doing before. =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• the main issue rests in the idea that you sit your child in front of the tv and walk away.
    of course it's not a problem for a baby to be in a room while a tv is on for for it to be on while baby is playing and for he or she to catch a few glimpses of it.

i have two kids--my daughter is 3 and my son is 7 1/2 months old. my daughter didn't watch tv until the age of 2 and i do the same for my son. does that mean he's never in the room when the tv is on or when his sister is watch tv? of course not.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have the TV on for background. I do watch it, but I have to be doing something else at the same time. My son is too busy playing to watch. He stops when he hears music or if his cartoons are on, which are Handy Manny, Curious George, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Other than that, he could care less.
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think ppl are afraid of it being a babysitter. It is bad for that. But it sounds like to me, all you moms are having something educational for them to watch, IF they do decide to watch it.. So since they really don't care one way or another, since there is educational tv on, they'll learn as they play.
    1daughter5sons

Answer by 1daughter5sons at 6:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009