Okay I only want honest answers because I really don't understand

I want to believe in God, and I do everytimie I look at my two beautiful kids, but I just have so many questions, like why are dinosuares not in the Bible, and where is God supposed to be exactly just up there in the sky, and where did he come from? Please don't take offense to any of this because its not meant to be that way I just want to know if anyone can help me to understand

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • I sent you a message =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You read my mind! I have wondered these things for years! when you find out let me know!
    Anonymous

• It's good you are questioning. God created us with intelligent minds so we can learn, grow, and question things around us. As a Christian, I firmly believe there were dinosaurs, just as I believe our Earth is older than we can possibly imagine. As for where God is, my 8 year old asks that all the time. I just tell him that sometimes we just don't get the answers here. That's what faith is. Believing without seeing. If you could see everything and have the answers to all, then what would we need faith for? At some point in time God will reveal all and we will have complete understanding. Until then, I just keep a running list of questions for God to answer when I meet Him face to face.

Keep digging, keep asking questions. I look at my children and firmly believe with all of my heart that they aren't here by accident....they are a miracle that only God could create.
    Anonymous

• I wish I had all the answers, honey. But if we knew all the answers then it wouldn't leave much for the faith-factor, would it? There will be a day when we are all before him when all our questions will be answered. I suspect by then we won't really care about alot of those questions anymore. I know there's a big chasm between what the scientific community believes and the religious community, but now and then even the scientists are admitting that stories found in the Old Testament are supported in the archeological finds they are coming across. Noah's ark and the ruins of what they suspect could be Sodom and/or Gommorha have made it into the papers in the last several years. True faith in God is so much less about proof as it is having a personal relationship and a heart change. When we open the doors to His working thru us, then He is free to show His real power.
    musicgirl77

Answer by musicgirl77 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You are going to get so many different responses here but, I really believe that its what YOU feel inside your heart. When you look at your children, you know that it is a gift. Our minds are VERY powerful & when we think logic's...We only like to believe what we can actually see. Would you believe that there use to be Enormous Giant creatures with big teeth walking around this earth? Probably not, but since we do have proof that they did exist, then we believe. I think if you want to learn more, the best way to do this is doing research by reading & learning. As for me, I live on faith & trust my own faith to believe that I have a god. It's what makes me happy & want to do all good things for myself & others. Good luck on your question~I hope you find the understanding that your looking for.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 5:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• God is all around us.
    Anonymous

• The bible talks about dinasours in the book of "Job" chapter 40 but can't remember the verse. Go to CARM.org there are lots of answers there. Sounds like God is drawing you to Him. Blessings! "Be still and know He is God"
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• jc restored me heres the verses and op i hope this helps

(Job 40:15-24) and (Job 41:1-34)
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 6:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I believe that there are somethings we just aren't meant to understand. I personally don't believe that the Bible is meant to be taken word for word. Like the 6 days it took to create the earth weren't DAYS, but time periods. Plenty of time for dinosaurs. I know a lot of people would disagree with me...

Just pray to God to help you to understand or at least give you the peace to not worry about it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I just messaged you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009