Seeing neurologist for blurred vision in teen. So scared.

He has been complaining of blurred vision for about 9 months. He already has glasses for reading. I took him to the eye doc anyways and had multiple tests run on him. They found nothing and told us to see a neurologist. He is 15.

What could be wrong? I am terrified for my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Is his blurred vision all the time or does it come and go? Could it be a blood pressure issue?

Hope you get real answers. Big hugs Momma!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• I believe it's blurred vision all the time. He has 20/20 according to the eye doc yet he sees slightly blurry all the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• Has he been tested for diabetes? And does he have any risk factors?

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• No, he has not been tested. He is not heavy at all. I'll have to look up other factors of diabetes. I feel sick...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• Does he get headaches at all? When I was 16, going on 17, I had blurred vision and it turned out it had something to do with pressure impacted wisdom teeth. I didn't know that sort of thing was possible. I had them out and the blurred vision stopped. Good luck.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• No, no head aches. And he sees the dentist a lot since he has braces....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• I'd get a second opinion from another eye doctor before seeing a neurologist. In the meantime, you might run his symptoms through this: http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm#./introView

Answer by gdiamante at 1:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2012

• the symptom checker listed several including diabetes 1 & 2 and low blood pressure. I just found out that this has been going on for years and he never mention it until about 9months ago! it has gotten slightly worse over time. I am now terrified that he let it go so long. I cried myself to sleep.... His neurology appt is Monday and I wish it was today.

thank you meooma, me too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2012

• Please let us know what the doctor says.

Big hugs! Hope they figure it out soon!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• DO NOT run symptoms through webmd or anywhere else, you will worry yourself unnecessarily. Instead, go to the neurologist and see what's going on. It could be something minor or it could be a tumor. You won't know until your child is seen by the proper professionals.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2012