Speech-language pathology degree? Early childhood?

I'm in college right now for a major in language arts. The program is early childhood k-6th grade. I'm trying to be a speech pathologist. Am I on the right track? I have an appointment on friday with my academic advisor but I am confused as to why they lead me this far if I can't be a speech pathologist with a language degree. I thought it was a post bachelor in language arts and then two years master program in speech pathology!

Can someone please try to clarify this for me if they know anything about the degree or field!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2012 in

• I'd talk to your counselor. They will be able to help you out the most. Every college is different.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2012

• At my undergrad school there was an undergrad degree in speech pathology. It was required before you could go on for your master's in grad school for speech pathology. You sound like you really are not on the right track. I understand your advisor should have helped but seriously any college student should do their research in their feild of choice.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2012

Next question in
What is your favorite school fundraiser?

Next question overall (Entertainment)
102 minutes