So what will happen if the stimulus doesn't pass

How bad will it get, any predictions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nothing will happen. There is no real urgency, only invented urgency in hopes that people won't pay close attention to the actual contents of the bill.
    Anonymous

• It won't get any worse than it is right now. If ya ask me this Nation needs a good swift kick in the back side. I think the entitlement whores need to suffer for a few years. Stimulus packages do not work.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think that things will get worse then better. All that is needed is sensible tax cuts. The 15000 tax credit for homebuyers would help get the housing market booming. We are buying this year and would benefit. A 5 percent across the board tax cut would allow many low income people to not pay income tax at all. A 5000 child tax credit would help more than the 1000 does now. Those are things Republicans are looking at. They have looked back in history and tax cuts have gotten out of messes.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon at 5:48.
    Anonymous

• The Democrats don't what the above in the stimulous btw. So if they are not in there you can thank Democrats and Obama for that.
    Anonymous

• Stimulus packages do not work.

they work for me!! free money is always good money
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 5:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It will be worse if the "Stimulus" (as is) does pass! We can't afford to waste so much money!

Perhaps if this boondoggle doesn't pass they will decide to pass a REAL stimulus package that will put money in the hands of the American people instead of government.

Don't forget they still have to pass an APPROPRIATIONS bill and will surely spend several trillions worth of pork in that, too!

MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 5:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• "they work for me!! free money is always good money"

What free money? You're not getting a stimulus check, at best you'll get a slightly larger tax refund next year.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET FREE MONEY
    Anonymous

• oy vay did someone just say we are getting free money? Nothing in this country is free...for the love of God someone tell me what free money we are going to get?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2009