How old was your baby when he/she first laughed?

I'm curious because my little one is 3 1/2 months and she hasn't laughed yet.

smnice

Asked by smnice at 5:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't find my baby book, but I know it was before 4 months. I wouldn't worry about it. Babies all develop differently. :)
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My dd didn't really even smile consistently until about 3 months, but she started laughing not too long later. Don't worry as Srenee said . . every baby is different and will reach their milestones at different times. Comparing your child to others will just make you crazy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i wanna say around 3 or 4 mths. My mom was the first to make him laugh I tried everything
    Anonymous

• when he was 3 weeks he laughed in his sleep now he is 10 weeks aand laughs and smiles all the time
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• About 3 1/2 months, but he still doesn't laugh all that much and he's 5 months. He opens his mouth like he wants to laugh, but no sound comes out!
    Anonymous

• hmmm about 4 and a half at first it was like was that a laugh or just a coo w/ a puff of air lol and b4 i even realized it she was giggling. obvioulsy not like an adult (that would be scary lol) but enough to distingush the difference. dont worry about the milestones. there is a huge gap between them and i know its hard. my daughter is almost 6 and a hlf months old and she has yet to sit up
    SummerMom072208

Answer by SummerMom072208 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My oldest was a VERY serious baby, so I don't remember him cracking a smile till he was MUCH older (by the way there is NOTHING wrong with him, he is a happy not-so-serious 4 year old now) while my LO is 5 months old and he is a VERY smily baby and he just started laughing outloud probably two weeks ago.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My daughter who is 3 months just started to coo and smile. She did however laugh one time last week and trying to get her to do it again impossible.

PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 7:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• She was about 3 months old, I was playing with her and she laughed one time and then I couldn't get her to do it again for a while. She laughs all the time when we play with her now at 4 1/2 months old.
    bribrat85

Answer by bribrat85 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My LO is 4 1/2 mo and she smiles quite a bit but she has only giggled maybe twice. She's a tough cookie to crack. I try all the time lol!
    mmunoz

Answer by mmunoz at 9:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009