guppy fry

Does anyone know what I can feed some fancy guppy fry until I can afford the liquid food? They were just dropped last night and I don't get paid for a week. I don't want to lose these fry, I worked to hard to obtain this batch and am hoping for some breeders for the next batch.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pets

• I used to just grind up the adult food and soak with tank water...put the mix back in the tank with them in about 5 miuntes and it's generally soft enough for them. That usually helps my koi babies. I would think it may work for guppies too.
    MsChevious

Answer by MsChevious at 6:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I'll give it a try, thank you.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• yeah, grinding up food is a good idea, or baby brine shrimp if oyu have it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Guppy fry are easy, Just mash up flake food and drop it over their corner of the tank. You ARE keeping them separate from the other fish in a box breeder or net breeder aren't you? Predation from larger fish is the major cause of loss among baby fish of all kinds. Any fish will eat a smaller fish, including the parent fish so take good care of them.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Lol, yes, I am keeping them separate from their parents. I have bred guppies for three years.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2009