Must see/do things in Chicago?

I will be going to a training in December. The training is in Lombard, but is very close to Chicago. What are some must see/do things while I am there? I will only be able to go anywhere after 5 pm.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 4:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2012 in Travel

• I used to live right by there, and I have to say the things I really miss are the Shedd Aquarium and especially eating at Portillo's!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2012

• You have to walk the Magnificent Mile! Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium.... Navy Pier is fun.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2012

• If you aren't afraid of heights, the ledge on the Skydeck of the Sears (Willis) tower is a sight to behold! The skyline from that high up at night is amazing!

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2012

• I'm planning a family trip there next summer. I want to see the Lego Museum, the Sears Tower, & a game at Wrigley field :) I'm so glad you posted this ques., b/c now I have more ideas! I've also been told the Pegasus restaurant in Greek town is very good too. Have a great time & please let us know what you did & how you liked it. Or at least PM me so I can better plan our trip :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2012

• The Christmas tree if your there when it's up. Everyone else gave wonderful ideas I love the shed.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2012

• Have a coat that covers your butt and a good hat if you go around the lake since you'll be coming in Dec.
    Fairierose81

Answer by Fairierose81 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2012

• Mag mile, Navy Pier, great restaurants, shopping, the museums, Bears game...bring layers, boots and a long coat. Chicago is cold in December. We loved living in Chicago.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2012