i know this is embarrasing, but the other night i woke up to me soaking the bed. at first iw as like did my water break but then realized that no i was peeing. wtf. i thought it was a dream. i went pee before bed as usual and did not wake up having the urge to pee, i just did it in my sleep. has this ever happened to anyone else. i was so embarrased to tell my husband. lol. he doesnt know. is this fairly normal though? i was 36 weeks 3 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've done this a few times and I wasnt pregnant just had a dream I peeing niagra falls!
    Anonymous

• I don't know if it's common to pregnancy or not. But it can happen if you are deeply asleep and have a dream that takes it into account. Yours was your water breaking.
    Years ago, when I was in college, I had a dream that I was at a party and needed to pee. I asked the hostess where the bathroom was, waited my turn in line, and then went. And woke quickly to a wet bed.
    Frankly, I was asleep. So I figure, while it's strange and a little funny, it's not embarassing. It's not like I woke up and decided to just pee in the bed. I had no more control over the situation than I would over snoring or sleep walking.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i would have too say it is very normal just from the way the baby moved that caused you too go i haven't had it happen sleeping but have had it when i was sitting on my couch talking to someone and boy did it surprise me didn't even know i had to go opppps lol wouldn't let it get too you things happen when your pregnant
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 6:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• this happened to me in my first trimester, but I was still awake in bed and all of the sudden liquid started coming out. It freaked me out, but it wasn't normal it wasn't like I was peeing, it was weird. It only happend that one time.
    Anonymous

• at 36 weeks you have alot of pressure on your bladder, i got up 3 or 4 times a night at that point so i would think an accident is completely possible if your deeply asleep, yes it;s embarassing but dont be hard on your self these things happen when your pregnant.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• OMG! That happened to me last night -.-' ..seriously.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yeah, at least you were asleep. My husband and I were watching house bunny the other night and I laughed...not even hard...and totally emptied my bladder on the couch, it just wouldn't stop, I was completly in shock, I didn't even know I had to pee! I mananged to slide a pillow over it and wait until after he went to bed to clean it up....I was completly mortified, he still doesn't know it happened! Aaaaahhh, motherhood.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i am so glad i'm not the only one to be too embarrassed to tell hubby! this happened to me once during my last pregnancy. right after it happened, i put a blanket under me and changed my panties. in the middle of the night he tried to put his arm around me and i was so afraid he'd feel the wet spot i told him i didn't want to be touched! i felt so bad, and the next morning i didn't shower with him like usual and waited for him to get in so i could strip the sheets! he prolly thought i was crazy for wanting to wash the sheets so early in the morning!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• lol I would totally tell my Hubby and he would probably even help me clean it up and get myself together. What's a Hubby for anyways? To not be embarrassed around! lol... bu no this hasn't happened although in my previous pregnancies more "emabrassing" things happened.. I didn't mind, I'm open with hubby. He showered me, wiped me, changed my pad all after my c-section... haha we're good like that now. hahah kids!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• LOL I did a similar thing when I was pregnant with my first. I was sitting on the couch and all of the sudden I felt a gush. I was 36 weeks. I thought my water broke, so I went to the hospital. Turns out I peed myself... I was so embarrassed! Don't worry it's totally normal that far along baby is squishing your bladder nothing you can do. Sometimes you can't even feel yourself peeing... that's why you assume your water broke.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 9:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009