Does anyone else dress their children in bright colored clothing when going to busy places?

I always think about what I am going to dress my kids in if we are going to be in a populated place. So that he can be seen easily. I feel like its safer and he would be spotted in a parking lot and also if he was lost.

My parents are taking my 5 year old to a VERY busy aquarium tommorow and I have a BRIGHT yellow shirt for him to wear.

Am I a freak parent or does anyone else do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Dress them in brightly colored clothes. (more than one..I dress them in similar clothes...not matching, but similar)

Before you leave, take a picture on your phone of the kid. Full shot, head shot, (with and without hat if he wears one), middle shot, shoes, etc. If something happens, you have a VERY recent picture including the clothes he's wearing to give the police!

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't do that, but I think it is a good idea! ^-^
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I do it every time we go somewhere busy. I have twins who like to wander so I've also learned to write down a description of them and what their wearing and keep it in my purse. God forbid if they got lost, but this way I know I could give a description in the middle of a crisis.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• HEY ticcled blue!!!!

I LOVEEEE that idea....I always have my phone on me and thats as easy as pie!!!

I WILL BE doing that soon!
    Anonymous

• A good idea that I read somewhere is to (if you have a camera phone) take a picture that morning of the child, dressed in the clothes that he is wearing that day. If anything goes wrong, you have a very recent picture, and a desc. of what they are wearing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Haha ticcled.... should have read before i posted!
    Krysta622