Woman who went for abortion seeking damages?

This is ridiculous!!! A teenager took pills to dialate her cervix but instead gave birth to a baby (born alive) that was placed in a plastic bag by the doctor and discarded. She was 23 weeks pregnant. What did she EXPECT to happen? "She alleges in her suit that "she witnessed the murder of her daughter" and said she "sustained severe emotional distress, shock and psychic trauma which have resulted in discernible bodily injury." Why should she get rich off of this? At 23 weeks, there's no way her baby could have survived. I know that the doctor should be punished, obviously. But, why should she be allowed to sue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope she doesn't win. She went with the intent of an abortion, right? And that's basically what happened. When my bf got an abortion, that's what happened to her: she went into labor and had this deceased baby. It's terrible, terrible, terrible. But that's just how her body reacted to a decision she made. Who on earth said abortion was neat and clean and that you could just wash your hands of it? Sounds like that is what this kid thought, and now regrets her decision and is trying to place blame anywhere but on herself. I feel for her, b/c I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But she can't blame anyone but herself. :(
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Why should doctor be punished????? Doctor did what patient wanted her/him to do.
    Anonymous

• she shouldn't how can this even be legal? You paid some one to "get rid of" your child they did so if you couldnt deal w/ it you shouldnt have been there *ps not bashing anyone who ever had an abortion
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Exactly anon at 6:57. Its kinda like "how dare you kill my baby, all I wanted you to do was, kill my baby!"
    Anonymous

• Actually, the doctor didn't do it. Clinical staffers did. He was not even present when it happened BUT he did falsify records. Here's the link to the full article

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/06/florida.abortion/index.html
    Anonymous

• She can sue..but i highly doubt with the facts brought to court that she will get anything...she was going to kill the baby anyway so liek you said OP why should she get rich
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• like*
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• both of them r at fault.. u dont just put the baby in a bag!!! thats not the way the dr should do it. he should have done what his job is. and that is NOT TO THROW AWAY A LIVE BABY!! he should have tried to save the baby no matter what the fuckin mother wanted. if the baby ended up living then she could have put it up for adoption!!! the mother is a sry ass pos just as much as the dr is. she wanted it done got it done then wants to get money. hell someone prob told her to do it just to get the money.. BOTH SHOULD GO TO JAIL!
    Anonymous

• I think she might have an emotional distress case plus the Dr not being there. Truly horrible.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I agree with anon. 6:06; they should both go to jail! Blind leading the blind!! Dumb and dumber here!!!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009