Okay, it's really time I buckle down and lose this baby weight, advice please!

During my pregnancy I gained 40lbs I was 160 and made it to 200. After birth I lose 20lbs and since I have gained 5 back. Being close to 200 lbs is scary to me. I really need this off. I am trying to eat more fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats, but I'm suck a snacker! The hormones my birth control gives me causes me to over eat, I could eat all day long and not feel full! I don't want to switch bc though. I do have a gym membership I don't use which I plan to now! I'm just curious, if I start walking on a regular basis, even short walks around the block, will this impact weight loss at all? I have a lack of motivation, and little self control but my wonderfully husband is behind me 100%. Any weight lose advice would be amazing and VERY much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Cannedus

Asked by Cannedus at 1:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Good luck, and here's a bump for you
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• walking will help. i try to do 25 minutes around the block of my work at least 3 times a week and i have noticed a difference since i started that.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I know I know, I'm such a food junkie and I live right next to a corner store literally right across the street full of goodies :(
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 7:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Are you counting calories? Find out haow many you need and plan your food out every day. It helps
    I plan for snacks and dessert and such-but ALWAYS stay within my calorie range.

Motivation only comes from YOU. If you are really ready to do it- you will find a way...you can't do it for anyone else and no one else can make you.

Walking is better than doing nothing :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I have finally decided to lose baby weight (and especially BF weight) too. I started June 20th, I was at 203 lbs and I am now at 184 lbs. Not great but getting here (it's better to take time).
    You have to be motivated, really motivated. If it's just to please someone else you won't make it (my own experience). I eat healthier (more fruits and vegetables) but above all I stopped snacking on junk food at all hours of the day. If you really is hunfry, eat a fruit or drink some tea instead of the peanut m&m's (it was my addiction).
    I also bought an indoor bike and I try to exercise 45 minutes every night once the kids are in bed. Losing weight is great but getting your body back in shape is even better. :)
    Oh and also don't totally stop eating comfort food (whatever it is for you) otherwise you would just snapped one day and eat about anything you could find (experience talking here too). Just eat it less often.
    Good luck !
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I really want to be healthy for me and be able to run after my baby when she starts to walk in the future! I want to do this for me. I really can't find the motivation inside me though :( I WANT to but I always end up giving up. I'm really going to try hard this time.
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2012

• daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2012

• It' takes patience and time. I was 180 when I got pregnant and jumped to 75 pounds gained. I lost alot once i had my son, but I'm celebrating his 3rd birthday next month and I am 200 lbs myself, I keep working out and i'm loosing inches the best advice i can give to give yourself time to lose it, it's not an overnight thing, and set small goals and work your way up.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2012

• walking will help.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2012