Troubles with the hubby

My husband has been working in Arkansas for about a week now. It has been almost 2 weeks since we have seen each other. We have a guy friend, that he can trust, that comes and hangs out every once in a while. I need to go get groceries and since I dont have a license our friend was going to go with me tonight. When I told my husband that our friend wanted to go he started acting all depressed saying that he didnt get what I like in him. He claims he's fat, ugly and worthless. I love my husband. He isnt fat, he isnt ugly, and he definately isnt worthless. He's the one that makes the money to pay for everything and he is trying to do everything possible to keep me happy. I told him that if he didnt want me to go with our friend that I wouldnt but he claims he doesnt care. What should I do? I told him I wont go and now he's acting all mad. I'm confused.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 7:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• JEALOUSY!! thats what it sounds like to me anyway
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think he's feeling like he's missing out. I know it's not like a birthday but when you're gone from your family you miss out on the everday things, like going to the store. He's probably just missing you and feels like that guy friend is taking HIS spot while he's gone.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 7:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• He knows he doesnt need to be jealous. This friend hangs out with us a lot. But he has kept his distance while my husband is gone (which is good). He knows that nothing will ever happen between us. I love my husband more than anything and I would never do anything to hurt him. Thats why I told him I'm not going. I'll just go tomorrow with a girlfriend of mine.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 7:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think when he calls next, just tell him how much you miss him and wish he was there with you. I think going with your girlfriend is a good idea.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Every time I talk to him I tell him how much I miss him and I love him and I wish he was here. With his job he is gone all week but now with them being in Arkansas its been 2 weeks since we've seen each other. Hopefully he will be home next weekend like theyre talking. My birthday is next Sunday (Feb 15) and I know he doesnt want to miss that but if he's working he doesnt have much of a choice. Im confused on what to do.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 7:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I found out part of the reason he's acting this way. Earlier when I talked to him he was saying that they might be home next weekend finally. Their boss told them tonight that they wont be able to come home for about 2 months because they have so much work to do. :(
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 8:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009