How long does it take to build up enough HCG in the body following an IUI to detect pregnancy?

LSearfoss

Asked by LSearfoss at 7:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• About 10 days past ovulation is when people start to test. Your doctor's office probably won't want to do a blood test until 14-16 days past ovulation.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It gets tricky with IUI if you're using fertility drugs. I've known women who start testing immediately after so they know, when they get a negative, that the drugs are out of their system. That way they feel much more comfortable trusting the results.

If you aren't using the drugs, it's the same as everyone else. You may be able to get a postive at 10dpt, but your best waiting until your cycle is due or late.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Both the other posters are correct. My experience was, I got a VERY faint positive 10 days after an iui with hcg trigger shot. By 12 days after iui I got a very obvious positive. I had a blood test at 14 days after iui and my hcg was extremely high because I had two babies. Good luck with yours!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2009