Groceries...

How much do you spend on groceries each month? We are a family of four with a 21 yo and a 17 yo, both boys.

KellyRene829

Asked by KellyRene829 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Shopping

• we spend about 100 to 150 on groceries every 2 months. We normally buy alot of frozen items when we go and stock up, but we don't typically go grocery shopping every month. We make a huge list of food items we need and household items we need or are running low on, and try to stick with the list as best as possible, unless we find some really good buys, and we also shop at Aldi's and go to the bigger stores for stuff we can't get at Aldi's. It just makes more sense to get what we can as cheap as we can. We have 3 in the house.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I spend $150-$175 every two weeks, so about $325 a month....We have 2 adults &yr old...5yr old and 3 yr old. Family of five, but I think its a good amount because it includes all house cleaners, laundry soap, all bathroom products, etc.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 8:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• About $1200 for a family of 5 per month.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Wow $1200 per month? You must buy some high quality groceries lol! I spend $250-$350 every 2 weeks for our family of 5 (2 adults, 2 boys ages 10 and 11, and 4 year old girl). That includes all our household items and bathroom products also, and pet food/cat litter. And we buy alot of organic items, and good quality meats and produce.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I go to the butcher and spend about 150 every 2 months on meat. Then I spend around 50 to 75 every week at the supermarket. We are a family of 4. 2 adults, a 4 year old boy and a 20 month old boy. That price includes cleaning products/diapers and other house hold products. So I don't think we do to bad.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 7:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• We usually spend about 50-70 a week on groceries. I don't go to a big fancy chain grocery store either. I go to a smaller local one and the food is the same but like half price. We are a family of 4 people (2 adults, 1 child, and 1 senior citizen) and 3 pets (2 cats and 1 dog). For our pets we go to Petco. We get higher end foods with less fillers, so we are feeding less and the bags last like a month because they are getting filled. We have the extra money this way to buy the beauty aides we like to use not are the cheapest.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009