Have you been out yet?

So I haven't gone out since I got pregnant which has been a little over a year now. My lil one is almost 4 months old. I'm going crazy I want so badly to go out on a Friday or Saturday just once to get away for a night. But I feel bad leaving her, and I can't seem to trust anyone to watch her overnight, I have that " i'm the only one that can take care of her right" thing going on plus i'm sure i would call every 30 minutes if I did leave her with someone. So how long has it been for you? As I said it's been a little over a year for me.

smnice

Asked by smnice at 7:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My kids are 3 and 7 (almost 4 and 8). I don't get to go out much. Sometimes my husband and I will make plans with friends and have someone watch the kids. But we haven't done an all nighter since before we had kids. Usually one of us still has to get up with them in the morning (we take turns).

It's hard the first time you go out. But if you find someone you trust then enjoy yourself. After that first time then it gets easier and you learn to really enjoy yourself. Call if you want to, just to be sure. But chances are that everything will be fine.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I went out for the first time when my daughter was 4 months old and I cried the whole time and we had to go home, i missed her so bad and it broke my heart because my mom wasnt always there when i was little so i felt like i was leaving even tho it was just a couple hours lol
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 7:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My kids are older now but even when they were babies if i needed a night out I would have one of the grandma's watch them, you need to get out once in while for your own sanity, your baby will be fine and in one piece when you get home.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• let's see, my daughter is 13 1/2 months, and i am pregnant again now... just once i got a night out! i stayed at a friend's house for a mom's night in, we had some wine and played cards. then hubs called me at 6am the next morning cos our daughter got a fever overnight. of course. i'm never leaving the house again!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It's been about a year and a half since the last time DH and I went out. It wasn't an overnight thing and we picked DD up afterwards.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 10:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My son was 1 month old. I wasn't even going out. I was going to down a few at home and felt my sister would take good care of him over night. I cried so hard on the way home I had to pull over. I felt guilty for the reason why I was leaving him. I called ever 30 minutes for the first 3 hours until my sister told me to "Stop calling he is fine!":)

lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My daughter was three months the first time i left her so i could go out for my bday, i left her with her grandmother, my mom which made me more comfortable. I was calling her to ask how she was doing but she usually slep through the night so i wasnt that worried and was able to enjoy my night. Right now that shes older i guess ive grown even more attached or something and its just harder to leave her.
    bella710

Answer by bella710 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009