If they don't like it, they're stupid!

Just thought I'd do a reversal of my other question.

Is there a book/movie/television show that you love, but everyone else seems to hate? 

I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  I remember having a group of like 10 friends over in high school, and we put that movie in.  My best friend and I sat there horse laughing while the other 8 or so people stared at the tv with blank faces.  I guess it's not for everyone?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 10:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I love Monty Python. Life of Brian was a hoot too.
    There are some people I know that have no sense of humor. It's sad
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Repo! The Genetic Opera and The Wicker Man (original). DH and a couple of friends also love RHPS and Repo!, but I'm the only person I know that loves The Wicker Man, and everyone seems to think I'm nuts for liking it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Oh, The Rocky Horror Picture Show is another one that no one around me likes. Also, my husband looked at me like I was insane when I got excited over Little Shop of Horrors being on Netflix.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Rescue Me. Yes, workplaces of all men really do talk like that (yes, even at your husband's job, yes, even your husband even though he doesn't talk that way around you). Yes, dysfunctional relationships really do get that ugly. Yes, some guys really are that slutty.

There was so much clutching of pearls about that show.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• OMG Little Shop of Horrors is on Netflix?!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. I love that book in school. Everyone else hated it. To this day my classmates remember that I was the only one in our class that liked it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Office Space, it is brilliant satire on working in any type of office environment.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• 19 Kids and Counting. My family goes groaning out of the room whenever I have it on. I don't know why I like it, it's really not my style, but I do.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Yep! I love Monty Python, "The Scarlet Letter", the game of thrones books, the show "Face Off". That's all I'm getting off the top of my head.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I will have to say that the Life of Brian is about the only one I really didn't care for of Monty Pythons, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Holy Grail! And The Meaning of Life :P I got my husband the TV series entire set, and we go to sleep most nights watching them. I absolutely adore the Cheese Shop sketch :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2012