Why do they say that

I never quite understood why here in Ca they talk about the small rain storm we are having, like its this huge fricken storm, when in reality it is nothing compared to what the rest of the country gets for weather, really it kinda gets on my nerves, I mean so what we are actually getting some winter like weather and its not even that cold outside!

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • I loved laughing at "Storm Watch" when we lived in CA. I chalked it up to everything in CA getting blown out of proportion, and the love of glamour out there. Ahhh, thanks for the chuckle.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• well thats like where im from (alabama) 50 degrees for us is cold. then i moved to arkansas and 50 degrees in the winter is warm here. lol imagine my shock this is my first winter here
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I know what you mean one year I went back to new york during the winter and it was single digits the whole time, needless to say I couldn't wait to come back home after that lol
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Here in Texas we get winter weather but not real bad, but whenever we do the news makes it into such a huge deal. They get all serious about it and even play music before they talk about it like now for our report on the ice storm dum dum dum. Then the ice storm comes and its like a little spittle on the ground its so ridiculous.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 8:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Same reason people in the southern states will use the words "storm" and "blizzard" to describe 2 inches of snow when up here in michigan we get 12 inches and the schools are still open! They arent used to it so it seems big to them.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 8:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009