Are you one of those people who take a drink while you still have food in your mouth. And then continue to chew the food after you have swallowed the drink?

Just saw someone do this today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yeah....is there something wrong with that? lol
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• LOL. interesting question. For me, it's a 'no'. I keep food/drink in separate mouth-fulls!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Nothing wrong with it necessarily.

I just think its strange. Wonder why some people do and some people dont.

Do you do it b/c of watching parents or friends and then it becomes a habit or what?
    Anonymous

• ahhhhhhhhh no eeeeeeewwwwwwwww! I didn't know people (other than little kids of course) did this!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think if anything i DON'T do it because of how it looks when other people do it...my husband has less than attractive table manners and doing things like that I want to tell him to just CALM DOWN!!! You don't need to shove it all in your mouth at once!!
    As you can imagine, he LOVES when I critique his eating habits :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I dont drink while I eat at all, but yeah this is gross.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 8:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my hubby does that I think it is soooo gross i achually dont drink off of him bc i dont want flottys lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Only when I have a Snickers and a Pepsi..I don't know why, but I love it! I have to drink the pepsi while the snickers is still in my mouth. This isn't usually in public either.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It's really gross to do that.  Whenever you take a drink, you're supposed to wipe your mouth on a napkin first.  This is so that any crumbs on your lips don't enter your beverage glass (or stick to the rim) which would be considered disgusting for dining companions to witness.  Imagine what falls into the glass when a person has a mouthful of food.  Ewwww.

limitedtime

Answer by limitedtime at 10:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2009