6 months old twin and eye contact

i have 6 months old baby twins, they were born at 34 weeks 5 days. The girl makes totally eye contact but the boy makes only when he is lied down and in his bouncer, as soon he is in his hightchair or held he start looking around,he smiles and cooking back and forth sometimes but i am really worried about autism because he is totally different from his sister..so please, if any mom has or had the same experience or go throu similar situation let me now...he is start answer his name..he enjoys warching tv and smile at me when i do peek-a-boo,thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mom dont panic yourself yet.

They are still tiny. My dd is 3 and has autistic tendancies and YES lack of eye contact is a sign.....BUT he sounds fine to me.

Just keep a watch on him for the next year and you will know for sure.

Till then, enjoy your babies.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• as long as he does everything else that he should..I wouldnt worry to much.ask your dr about it to get more information.Do you try and get him to look at you(i'm sure you do)sometimes its hard to get babies attention.They do know how to ignore you.dont worry to much.Just keep doin what your doin!
    Anonymous

• Honestly it just sounds like he is more curious about his surroundings than your girl. Totally normal. I would not worry as long as everything else seems ok.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i have 2 year old twins and they are much differant, even when they were born they were already differant, one son is very active and has been since day one the other is much more laid back and when the one that is laid back was 6 months he had the same thing he just wanted to look around, they are both fine they just do things differant. i wouldnt worry but like mom2twobabes said just keep an eye on him.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009