Needing to eat all the time to avoid nausea...what will help?

i'm constantly feeling the need to eat from the moment my feet hit the floor. I get this nasty sick feeling and if i eat i feel better..the feeling better part usually will only last for maybe 2 hours and then i have the sickness hitting me again. I don't know where i'm putting it all because i'm having a hard time going to the bathroom too. What do i do..i'm afraid i'm going to gain so much wait? I've been trying to eat healthy stuff but i still feel like i'm eating an abnormal amount of food.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Crackers.... wheat crackers will help you feel full a bit longer and help the bathroom issue.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• weight...oops. i'm sleepy too
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• For me, nothing helped the nausea. I tried crackers (sleeves of them), ginger ale, peppermint tea, bread - nothing helped. All I can offer is some good luck!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• There is medication for nausea, ask your doctor.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Try Saltines. And for constipation, drink prune juice. Lots of prune juice will help. It's on the sweet side so you can water it down some. You need to make sure you are drinking enough. Watermelon is very good for you.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 1:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I used to suck on peppermint candies.... and drank lots of water :) And I also heard of something called Preggie Pop.. IDK if they work but might want to look in to them :)
    danielleaube

Answer by danielleaube at 1:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Just eat smaller meals more often.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Hun, unless you are gaining a lot of weight, I wouldn't worry too much about the constant eating. I am the same way, and I'm LOSING weight with this pregnancy. But yeah, smaller meals more often is how I've had to go. Eat breakfast @ ~8, eat a small snack at 10, a sandwich or whatever around noon, another snack at around 3 when I go pick up kids from school, dinner at 5, another snack before bedtime. I can only eat about 1/4th of what I used to be able to eat in one sitting, so I really don't eat a whole lot...I basically eat the same amount I did before, only spread out over more of the day...if that makes sense.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• Ginger tea. Grate a little ginger into a mug. Add a slice of lemon. Add boiling water and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Sweeten to taste.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2012