How old were you when you left home for college? or to live on your own?

I was 18. I am so freaking out about my daughter going to college in 2 years!

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I chose to go to college in the same town I went to school in but since my parents house was 30min away I opted to move out on my own and get a small apartment instead of living in dorms. my dh ended up moving in with me within the first couple weeks and i got pregnant that same year so after 1 year of the small (and I mean SMALL) apartment dh and I moved into family housing on the college campus with our new baby girl :) I am gonna tell my kids that they are allowed to move out and go to college but they have to live on-campus for the first year at least, even if that means more money out of our pockets. I just think everyone should experience that at some point, i know I wish I had :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I graduated hs and left home at 17. I ran like killer bees were after me! :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I was 18. Moved 1500 miles away for college. I love my family dearly, but it was the best thing I could have done for myself - being completely independent. It was tough, but it was very rewarding
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• 17 when I left for college

Answer by missanc at 11:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• 16
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 11:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I moved out at 19, didn't go to college until I was 24
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I was 18. When I was 20 I went to school in another country for a year. Hard to believe that I'm looking at the possibility of my older kids doing the same in the sooner category (luckily we have 4 and 5 years to prepare.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I went to college close to home and my father was a parapelegic. I left at 19 returned less that 3 months later on the death of my father. He begged me to return home for at least three months to make sure my mother made it. I did that fo 6 months and left again
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I went to college 2.5 hrs away right after I turned 18.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2012

• I quit school and moved out of my mother's house the day after I turned 18. I may never forget the feeling of starting my own life, free from the chaos and noise and dysfunction.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2012