sleeping?

ok my 8 month old is a horrible sleeper.....
at 7pm we start the bedtime routin which is bath, book, bottle cuddle sleep.
but he wakes every morning between 4am and 7am....
should i adjust his bedtime to an hour later to get him to sleep an hour later in the morning?

and he takes 3 to 4 naps a day about 30 min to up to an hour, how can i combine his naps to make 2 naps a day for 2 hours at a time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why is he waking up? Is he waking up because he's hungry, or because he's bored and he knows you'll get up with him?

Unless he's waking up to be fed, he should be sleeping through the night. My personal advice would be if he's not waking for a feeding, let him put himself back to sleep.

I also wouldn't combine his naps, but be cautious about HOW CLOSE TO BEDTIME he's taking those naps. Anything less than 4 hours from bedtime is too close.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• try book, fruit/bottle, , bath, cuddle sleep. He'll be a little fuller, the bath will make him wind down and sleepy. That may help?
    Anonymous

• Try. Bottle, Bath, Book, Cuddle, Sleep! He'll Eat, and then Get his Wind down bath, Then sit in a darker room and Read, Then cuddle with him (and Maybe sing some lullabies) and then Put him to sleep. He'll sleep a little better at night, Being Fuller from the bottle! Good Luck
    HeatherM0529

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my little girl wakes up between those times, but it is only because she is hungry not because she wants to get up. She also goes to bed around 730 each night with a 2 hour nap after lunch. I have found that if I give her some milk (4oz or 1/3 a sippy cup) she will go right back to sleep.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Do you use the Lavender bathtime soap and lotion? Or try putting cereal (I use oatmeal) in his bottle? I started putting cereal in my daughter's bottle at about 3 months and she's slept like a charm since. We put her to bed anytime between 6 and 8pm depending on how tired she is. She lets us know with whining and eye-rubbing.

The routine is this: make the bottle first so you can just grab it (I do an 8 ouncer with a scoop and a half of oatmeal cereal); get her in the bath -- wash her hair and body, then let her play for a while; get her changed and diapered and cover her whole body in the Johnson's bedtime lotion , put her jammas on, and play with her a little bit; grab that baba and head into her room. I rock her in the rocking chair while she eats her bottle and I play the water noises on her swing to lull her to sleep. She usually conks out. If she wakes up at night, I let her put hersef back down.

Hope that helps.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 10:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009