pregnant while breastfeeding

i know its possible i read about it but i want to know the chances of it has anyone hear gotten pregnant while breastfeeding and not getting a period because i breastfeed and dont get a period but i would like to get pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i started getting a period back when my daughter was almost 11 months old. i had 2 regular periods, then BAM! i got pregnant. it's still possible to get pregnant without getting the period though. i suppose you could read up on trying to figure out when you're ovulating so that you can plan it better. good luck!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i dont think its possible because breastfeeding helps to contract the uterus
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It is a complete myth that you cannot get pregnant while breastfeeding. There is absolutly nothing about breastfeeding that prevents pregnancy. If just makes it difficult to figure out when you are ovulating if you are trying to get pregnant. You can either just go for it for a month and hope that you get lucky on the right day or visit your dr. or midwife and they should be able to help you figure out when you are ovulating. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Yes, it is possible. I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant and nursing a 23 month old. My period returned when I was 11 months postpartum and I got pregnant when my son was 15 months old.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2009