How sasy is your child?

Do you have a child that back talks a lot or constantly pushes the limit? What do you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• ya my 4 y/o i need to know what to do also
    Anonymous

• My 6 yo doesn't talk back all that much, but he's starting to do things like roll his eyes and talk to us in a less-than-courteous tone when we ask him to do things (or to NOT do things)! I am not sure what to do about it either...I mean honestly I think he gets it from me! For a while when he was in a phase of talking back we told him that if he talked back he would get a time out, and then if we told him to do something and he talked back he automatically send him for a time out.
    Did it work??? Not particularly.....
    I'm always looking for parenting tips that seem to work...I'm hoping someone will have a good answer here too!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my four kids constantly push the limits! and i push back, HARD!
    they are allowed to have their own voice and will tell me if they don't think something is fair or right, they are not allowed to be disrespectful, though. any from of disrespect gets a swift swat on the bottom
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Good for you bi-polar:-) I always told my kids they could tell me whatever they wanted as long as it was respectful with no name calling. I have three awesome grown kids now. BUT you also have to give the the respect and ROLE MODEL!!! Don't act in one way and then get mad at your kid for following your example!!!!! We didn't struggle with the crappy teen aged attitudes either--all three were a real joy. Were they "easy" NOT--but they learned respect and communication skills:-)

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009