Attachment?

Did any of you ladies feel extremely attached to your SO when you were far along in pregnancy?....

Ok there is alot to this story, But basically to keep it simple, Me & my SO areant in the best financial situation right now, I mean we areant extremely struggling but we DO have a little girl on the way and are not in the best financial situation. SO.... My SO plans to go to new york at the end of feb. over night to visit friends and is EXTREMELY against me going, Than... He is going away for a weekend in VA after the baby is born. Also, he is going to lancaster for a weekend next weekend.
Now, i feel as though he shouldnt be spending that kinda money right now because of the situation we are in, our daughter will be here soon. Plus i feel very uncomfortable being alone here night and day.. con...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Men have an entirely different sense of logic. He may fully realize that he won't be able to travel like this for much longer is just 'going for it'. But make sure you keep his reality in check and keep discussing baby finances with him. Let him see the cost of those diapers! And your feeling needy during your pregnancy is perfectly normal. All your emotions are at an all time high and your hormones are all out of whack, not to mention the physical changes your body is adjusting to. Hang in there. Men are clueless, remember that. So don't be too hard on him, he won't get it. Just try to keep communicating though, you don't want to hold your feeling inside.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• When he goes to new york i will be almost 35 weeks pregnant.... now alot of it is that i dont feel comfortable with him spending the money, but also because i dont wanna be here alone.... so i brought the idea up that i could go with him for a day trip instead of sitting here alone while he goes overnight.... I feel like this extreme attachment to my SO right now, when he goes away over night or long periods of time i get very anxious, no matter who im around...

Now my questions are, Would you be mad about your SO spending all this money and getting mad when you bring it to his attention?

& would you be mad if he was mad about you asking if you could go with him, after explaining how you feel about being alone at 35 weeks pregnant???
    Anonymous

• I would be upset about the money. I did have an attachment issue at the end of my pregnancy as well. He wasn't allowed to go anywhere for more than 6 hours unless I went with him. He was very understanding about the issues and concerns that I had. Mine was supposed to go away for a weekend when the baby was s1 month. He decided not to b/c we really didn't have the money and he didn't want to leave us alone even though my parents live around the corner. He thought that it was his responsibility to be here for us.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• see, he is suppose to go to VA in may and she will be a month old... but its like nothing matters to him, other than him having fun....
    Anonymous

• it honestly sounds like he is not ready for a family and is trying to "avoid" it
    why is he so against you going with him for any of the trips? that concerns me more than the spending money
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009