my son was a breeze 2 get off bottle and pacy but his sister is another story, my nerves are bad and can't cold turkey her what else can i do??????????

jennifer3043

Asked by jennifer3043 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• which are you trying to break her from?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• how old is she? the older they are the harder your supposed to take the bottle away at 1
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• The bottle we put water in there because our son is not a big fan of it so he would rather have a sippy cup with juice. My son didnt take a pacifier sorry I cant help there.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• (1) The bottle and/or binky fairy can visit.
    (2) When she's about to start preschool or kindergarten, tell her that the rules say she can't if she still uses ____.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Start watering down the milk and cut a hole in the pacifier so that she can't get good suction on it. Hopefully then she won't want either one of them.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• If she CAN drink from a sippy, then just throw away the bottles. Seriously throw them away. It'll be much harder if you take them away and then decide to give them back when it gets tough. That will just confuse her.

Throw the paci's away too. 3yr olds dont need them. Again if you throw them away, you wont have the option to give them back.

yes, it will be hard. But good parents dont make decisions based on what the child wants. They make decisions based on what is best for the child.
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 4:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2009