My son is vomiting and has a LOW temp.?

Ok moms, I dont know what to do... My 4yr old has been throwing up and acting drained all morning, his temp is low! an hour ago 96.8 and just now 95.7! I've been trying to find a reason for it being so low but cant find anything on why his temp would be so low... anyone have any ideas?

lilliedoll

Asked by lilliedoll at 11:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Time to call the doc. Do whatever you can to keep him warm and call your doc.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 11:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2012

• I agree with meooma and call the doctor.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2012

• He's probably dehydrated. Call his Dr.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2012

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2012

• Maybe something is wrong with your thermometer? Have you tried it on you too? If so call the doctor asap!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2012

• calling doctor now, thank you all, will update on what he says..
    lilliedoll

Comment by lilliedoll (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2012

• I would check the thermometer on you - make sure it's giving an accurate reading.
    My normal body temp is 96.8 (not 98.6 like most people). Also, your temp can fluctuate 1degree and be considered normal. 98.6 is just an average.
    I would say that with the vomiting, he's definitely sick, so I would do what you are doing - check with doc and maybe take him in.

Good luck mama
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2012

• Some kids and adults run a low temperature rather than a high one. I would call the Dr.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2012

• Doc said to keep food light and push water slowly, if he still sick threw weekend bring him in on monday, if he gets worse take him to ER. I guess a low temp like that isnt a big deal. I dont know.
    lilliedoll

Comment by lilliedoll (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2012

• As a child, I often ran a low temperature instead of a high fever when I was sick. Change in temperature is a biological change your body makes in response to foreign invasion. There is no rule that it has to be a fever (high temperature)... it's just that that is the most common so that's all you really hear about.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2012