Isaiah's 5th birthday... Wants an Army Party

And it is far to cold to go outside, so I need some game ideas for indoors. Mind you this is a party of children ages 4-5 and there will be like 24 of them, in my house lol. Now we have tons of room in our house, we have a basement we can use for games and what not, so any ideas would help. Thanks!

TinasTribe

Asked by TinasTribe at 9:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• obstacle course, get some dart guns and have target practice, ummm I'm tapped already LOL
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't think I would play any shooting games... many parents don't like the idea of their children playing with guns.
    I would play up the camouflage- find baloons, table clothes napkins... whatever you can!
    Here is a website with some ideas... some won't work for that age group... but I think some might or can be changed a bit
    http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com/birthday-party-games.html

They could play "Sarge Says" instead of Simon Says

A site with party supplies
    http://www.ezpartyzone.com/cat_camouflage.cfm?gclid=CPeqxfK_yZgCFShRagodQihv1g
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Break them into teams when they first walk in the door. Give them a color or something. Make the whole party like a war zone and have them fight over everything(even cake). get lots of napkins:)
    SamEvasmom

Answer by SamEvasmom at 10:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• lol, no war zone!
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 9:12 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Maybe you could have a "search and rescue mission" of some kind. Save the cat, a stuffed animal hanging somewhere by its feet, or maybe save the sibling from mount washmore? Then you'd even have a reason not to do laundry before the party! I'm not very creative, so that's about the best I can do.

I like the "Sarge Says" idea too.

Maybe you could tie the arms and legs of stuffed animals so they look like prisoners and hide them around the house, the kid who "saves" the most wins.
    Jenyfur

Answer by Jenyfur at 11:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I like the obstacle course idea....you could call it "boot camp". Get one of those crawl through tubes for them to crawl through. Put some places on the floor that the kids need to jump to( like inside taped squares or in hula hoops) to stay "away from the alligators". You could create a "mission" scavenger hunt style with clues that will lead them to small prizes in the house. Since you have soooo many kids though, I'd suggest breaking up the activities into 2 groups of 12. I hope you have fun....and some help lol.
    Also plan in some quiet time.....get them all seated for a good book (an Army one if you've got one) to help settle them down.
    You could always do the corny dances kids love like "the chicken dance" and "Hokey Pokey" too...everyone can participate together....the music should be at the library.

**have fun**
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2009