How much of a pay cut, if any, would you take to keep your job?

Would you take up to 5% to keep your job? How about 10%? Or would you rather lose your job as opposed to taking a pay cut?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Not right now, Id take a cut if you need to work!
    ssspw-world

Answer by ssspw-world at 9:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would take a cut if I had to.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would think anyone would take the pay cut.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• If I worked, I would take a pay cut!
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Just got a 10% pay cut and I hired an attorney...they will severence me out or keep my pay, or they can settle in court. over $15,000 is NOT acceptable
    Anonymous

• My husband found out yesterday that his company was going to cut everyone's pay. He was very angry. He told me he was going to tell them how angry he was. I told him to keep his mouth shut. We live where there aren't alot of jobs to begin with. I found out this week our school district may start cutting teachers and probably other staff. To hear him say he was going to quit was very upsetting.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• If I was working for a detroit auto maker, and i put screws in parts for a living and made 30 dollars an hour, I think a pay cut was over due to be honest.
    and some job is better then no job
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 9:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I took a pay cut when i got my current job. Anymore cutting and I will have to move out of my home. From what I see employers aren't giving choice as it pertains to pay cuts. They're just cutting or firing. It's very unsettling.
    Tifase

Answer by Tifase at 9:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I understand missing out on money, but those of you who are being offered pay cuts should be very thankful. You've seen the headlines, you know people are losing jobs completely. Just be thankful that you still have a job.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would take the pay cut and if I was unhappy with that I would look for another employer while I continued working.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2009