what is your view on...

Religion & Spirituality?

I believe that...

People who are religious are afraid to get to hell, & people who are spiritual have already been there.
I believe in a higher power to guide me but not a direct GOD.
GOD to me is Good Orderly Direction.
I dont believe that there is a set of rules we need to follow in order to get into heaven.
I believe in doing the right things for the right reasons, and as humans we all fall short.
I believe that no matter what we are provided for as long as you have faith in whatever your higher power is...

For me, My higher power is my mom who passed away to cancer last year. She is my rock & these are my beliefs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in God, I'm a baptist Christian. I do not believe in pushing someone into believing what I believe in. I do not judge. I stand up for people who are judged by Christians because I do not believe that it is our place to judge anyone and it should be left up to God.

I think that if what you believe brings you comfort and hope and it gets you through the day then there is nothing wrong with that. I mean none of us honestly know what exactly happens after we die, and we won't until we die...I have my faith that what I believe is right, for me, but who am I to say that all of us aren't right...there is just no way of really truely knowing, all it comes down to is faith that we did what was right.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I wish you hadn't gone anonymous, I don't see any reason anyone would bash you for a belief such as this.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• because some people can be such drama....
    But im the one who wrote it...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My mom past away 10 yrs ago an I dont believe SHES my higher power, I Do believe in GOD It was Him that got me thru that, I was 8mo. preg. I Believe everyone has hard times, but Not everyone has experienced the Power of God To Be Spiritual. An You have to walk with God, Hes my Best Friend !
    ssspw-world

Answer by ssspw-world at 9:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Eloquently put and nothing controversial...tho I am sure some people will try to make it so. I like it and the sentiments it espouses.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• GOD to me is Good Orderly Direction.

I like this!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• thanks kristi :]
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think it is a very sweet way to connect with your beliefs.

I'm not a believer of a higher power.. but I believe we have the power to do a lot of things in life, if you put your mind into it. I went through so much growing up, and I took what happened to me and used it to make me stronger, used it to learn from, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yep. I can raise a glass to that. lol.

G-O-D bless!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• amy i really like ur response to my post... its well put and mature, but also states your belief.

Thank you! i appreciate your mature answer and seeing that no one is alike and just because we dont share belief doesnt mean that we are different ya kno...

Once again... thnks.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2009