37 weeks to day! Should I start washing the babys clothes and stuff?

Also should I boil her binkies and bottles? I am not sure if it is to early! I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I was thined out but he didnt say I was dilated so I am not sure what that means! But I hope it means soon!

mommy3109

Asked by mommy3109 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would wait they could contaminated while you wait for the baby to come i didnt do my daughters bottles until i got her home from the hospitable but thats just me if you have something sterile to store them in id go ahead a do them now
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• sorry about the typos
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• congrat ....i'd wash the clothes get the crib and/or bassinet ready ..things like that and organzine the baby's room ....etc. Good Luck and congrats !!!!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Walmart has a really good bottle sterlizer I think its from first choice this way you dont have to boil & it's only in the $35.00 range
    Anonymous

• I would go ahead and wash all the baby things, but I did boil my first babys bottles and binkis only the first time after that i just washed them in hot soapy water. This last baby I didn't boil them just washed in hot water but cant remember when I washed those stuff
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i would start gettin ready, maybe it'll make you go faster! if you dont plan on bf I would wait until the day before i got out the hospital.get someone to go do it for you!
    Anonymous

• I'm 35 weeks and i've been washing all of my baby stuff. Better be ready because you never know if that little one will decided to come early! Good luck!
    blessedwife08

Answer by blessedwife08 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• just so you know: thinning out means that your cervix is getting shorter which is different than dialating. The average cervix is 3 cm long. So if you are thinning out that means the distance between your baby and the outside world is getting shorter and shorter! Congratulations!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would wash everything but the clothes, and possible the bedding if you got really gender specific things. Only wash the coming home outfit and nuetral bedding. I almost washed everything before my baby was born because my doctor was going to schedule an induction, but then I went into labor and my little girl came out with an extra "arm" LOL! I even had like 4 ultrasounds and they all said girl! Thank goodness he was orn the same noth as my other son so he wore a lot of hand me downs...
    lysa7lou0507

Answer by lysa7lou0507 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009