Is this true If you dont drink enough water it could affect the amniotic fluid? I heard that somewhere & always wondered if there is truth to that.

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not so much that i don't think but if you get dehidrated you can have contractions so not drinking water can be bad...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i dotn know about that one, but when i was 39 weeks pregnate i couldnt feel my baby move at all day so i went to the hospital and i was dehydrated. so you do have to drink soem amount of water
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 10:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• okay i do know this from first hand i was sent to the ER room because i was having these weird pains in my stomach turned out that i was dehydrated and because of that the baby wasn't getting the nutrients need so he was leaking the fluids out so they started pumping more fluids into me and boom his levels went up so not drinking water can have an affect on you.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yes, dehydration can affect low fluid levels among many other complications.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009