Natural Birth...

What is your take on natural birth i want to do it but i'm scared of it hurting to bad and caving and not being able to get an epidural i know it's early to be thinking about it i'm 16 weeks 4 days but i would like what you all think about it and what tips you can give me to get through it... thanks :]

scared_mommy16

Asked by scared_mommy16 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had 3 pregnancies, two w/ epidural, one natural. the natural one was hard. the epidural ones, i have sweeter memories cause of less pain and work...your choice and everyone is different.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i going to do the same but when i hear the pain part i just think its a natural process and i couldnt be happier and i want to do it more then anything in the world without a epidural
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have had two all-natural births!!! Just remember to BREATH.... I would do it all over again too...
    frisch04

Answer by frisch04 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• see i do too but my only thing is what if they have to do and emergency c section then i won't be able to hear my babies first cry or anything... cause they have to put you under... :[
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I had one epidural and one natural. The natural was quicker so I would go natural if I had to again. Everyone is different though.

PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• like i said i'm just worried about an emergency c section... :[
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You cannot predict if you are going to have to have an emergency c-section so you should not worry yourself about it... If it happens it is out of your hands... But you do have control on wether you get the epidural or not... Everything will be fine... Are you having a boy or a girl??? Name???
    frisch04

Answer by frisch04 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It is not bad if you are well prepared and well supported. The pain management is possible because it's Mind-Over-Matter. If you truly want a natural birth, be sure to work with Normal Birth Specialists (midwives) not surgeons (OBs), because you're more likely to have success. There are many ways to work toward your goal, having info and support are really important.
    Look into a birth doula! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i hope a girl but i don't know yet i find out on the
    20th of this months and i will only
    tell you the names if you promise
    not to steal them :]
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You can reduce the chances of an emergency c-section-- keep getting informed! Most cesareans (estimated at 2/3rds) are unnecessary (it turns out, to be discovered later on). Moms CAN work to avoid them with information & preparation.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009