okay..laying down on my side asking this question...could this be contractions?(urgent)

or really strong braxton hicks.?im laying on my left side,all the pain started on my left side then my stomach started getting hard and everything started hurting on my right side too i was at the point of wanting to cry..right now the pain got a little better more of what BH should feel like,well what i felt the most..but how can i have contractions if i didnt lose my mucous plug or anything??? im only 37 weeks,so we think because i was never sure about my last menstrul..
how long are the contractions supposed to stop for and then com back?
(thank you)
ps.cant really move my lower body..and baby is moving down their too much ahh i feel like the pain is gonna come back lol
ohh and when my stomach was getting really hard it was hard for me to breathe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ALL THE PAIN IM FEELING IS NOT ON MY TOP BELLY AREA =/
    ITS ALL IN MY BOTTOM NEAR BELLY BUTTON AREA..BUT ALL THE PAIN IS MOSTLY ON MY LEFT SIDE AND EVERY PART IN MY LOWER STOMACH
    Anonymous

• Sounds like it could be it! They are spread out but then you will notice that they get closer. It feels like someone has their arms wrapped around you & giving you a VERY strong squeeze. Your tummy feels like a rock for a second & then it relaxes. Whoooo Hooooo!! Are you ready???
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 10:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• If they are 5min or less apart you need to call your OB and get in to the hospital to get checked out. You are far enough along to be in labor, so I would watch close. Time them if they are that close then you need to go to the hospital. Even if they are braxton hicks better safe than sorry.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 10:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• lay on your back and see if your stomach rises and alot of woman start having contractions before their water or mucus plug comes out if all else fales call your doctor...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Try switching sides. Try not staying in the same position for a long time. If its real labor; pain will continue otherwise. You might want to ask your doctor next time you see him.

PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i never lost my mucous plug (wellI did) but not before labor.you def. could be.I think you may need to be checked
    Anonymous

• also I heard that throwing up that far along will put you in labor...nasty yeah but true
    Anonymous

• umm you might want to time those.. sounds like you are in labor....
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Definitely time the pains. If they are true contractions they will be consistent. Start timing from the moment the pain starts until the moment it starts again. If it is 5 minutes apart or less, you should call your doctor. It could definitely be it. If they are braxton hicks, they will be irregular in time and in pain level.

You don't need to lose your mucus plug to go into labor. Some women don't lose it until after they've already gone into labor and are in the hospital and by then they never see it. Some women lose it without even seeing it- in the tub or on the toilet. If you're dilated more than 2 cm, chances are you've already lost it or a part of it, seeing as it doesn't come out until your cervix has dilated far enough for it to dislodge.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 10:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• well my lower stomach and back are having sharp pains and when get up it hurts and even when i try to turn it hurts could i be going in to labor or could it be false labor?
    babi8890

Answer by babi8890 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009