Is pregnancy after a vasectomy possible?

My husband had a vasectomy 4 years ago... as of 3 days ago my breast are extremly tender and sore... My last period was Jan 21st.... My doctor says I need to go get blood work.... I am actually very nervous-but yet I would be happy.... Has this ever happened to anyone else???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Has never happen to me, but i bet it could be possible.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• well generally they are suppose to do a follow up appointment like a month after the procedure to make sure he is actually.... shooting blanks.....so it is rare but it is possible especially if he didn't do the follow up appt.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i know somebody who that happened to...their husband had a vasectomy but i dont know how many years ago exaclty but yeah she had a baby girl out of it
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• He did go to that one check up... But from what I have been reading it is actually rare but not impossible... My doctor told me that there is a 3% chance... Little but yet there... What other reason would my breast hurt so bad??? I have two little boyz that I breast fed for a year and a half each... You know that feeling of let down??? That is kind of like the pain I feel... WEIRD!!!
    Anonymous

• Ok I was thinking if your LMP was 1/21 that puts you about the midlde of your cycle, which means you are ovulating. I got through phases...of my period symptoms, but a lot of times around the middle of the month until my period comes my boobs will remind me of when I am pregnant. Of course right now I am pregnant, but I am talking about when I am not LOL.

I think it's a litlte soon to jump the gun on a blood test or thinking you are pregnant. I have a feeling it's hormones from ovulating.

I hope that helps and everything works out :) You never know though, but I would wait to see if you miss your period or not.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Grr I meant to say " I go through phases," not " I GOT through phases."

I didn't want you to think I really talk like that LOL
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• That is more of the lines that I was thinking... Although I have never had sore breast from my cycle... Things change!!! LOL- The doctor is the one who get me thinking!!! I called and asked them if I could possibly be hormonally unbalanced....OMG!!! No, they tell me I might be prego... I even told them my husband has had a vasectomy for four years and she didn't even hesitate to answer with "you need to get blood work done". So of course the mind gets going!!!! I will definatley keep you all posted... ;-)
    frisch04

Answer by frisch04 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my best friends mother has a 18yr old son to prove that yes it can happen lol go get a test too be on the safe side
    Anonymous

• Thanks! We will be happy either way... Obviously it is out of our hands and in the hands of the man upstairs... We have done all to prevent it from happening so I figure if it happens there is a reason.... Today is day four of my breasts hurting.... CRAZY!!!! :-)
    frisch04

Answer by frisch04 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2009