Aarggh!

So I'm just going to vent here... But any input or insight is of course welcome. I have a test tomorrow a.m. that is soo important that I literally won't graduate in May if I do poorly on it. My husband is fully aware of the importance of this test, and knows that I planned on studying for it today. I've been trying to study all day, expecting dh to help out with the baby/cooking/chores. But he has continually managed to interrupt me all day with random useless crap, like when he decided to "re-arrange" our den and needed my input. Left to go to the store when ds needed dinner, leaving me to cook and serve it, etc... It is now late enough that it is useless to study (won't remember anything I read) and I'm pissed. Why would he do this to me?
Grrr....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Because men are children! They need constant super vision! He didn't really mean to make you not able to study, he was just oblivious to what is important to you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Punch him in the eye.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Men don't know any better. Just dense sometimes. You should have definitely made something simple to eat and screw the chores. And when he wanted input on the den, just ignore and bury your head in your book. Hang in there. Now, go study for your test. It's amazing what you can remember when you cram the night before. You will feel better that you did study and gave your test your all. Just drink a red bull or a strong cup of java in the morning and do your best! Good luck, you can do it!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Did you actually say the words "I need you to leave me alone for 5 hours to study. Take care of everything outside of these doors while I stay in this room."
    Sometimes we're just not clear enough. Try to get some sleep now, wake up extra early and study at school before your test. Good luck on it. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You either know it or you don't. Last minute cramming isn't a good idea. You should have paced yourself during the semester for this. Make sure you have a good study guide, go to sleep and get up early and review the study guide. You'll be fine. You would be surprised at what you remember.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• stick in an ipod,
    tell him to leave you alone,
    lock yourself in the bathroom,
    run a nice hot bath,
    relax for a few moments and read your text.
    that way you're relaxing and studying at the same time
    and since you have your ipod in, it blocks out his questions and disturbances and creates white noise to help you study better.
    i did it for finals and it worked wonders.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• The last minute cram is never a great idea, but DH could've helped you out more than that! I don't have any great advice, but GOOD LUCK on your test!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Maybe because he didn't feel like he should be doing your job and avoided it as much as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Next time I would leave the house, I had the hardest time studying when my husband was around too... Go out to the library, or anywhere that has a table and chairs where you can focus, tell him you'll be gone for a few hours to study and put your cell on vibrate in case there is an emergency. Then explain what an "emergency" is.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009