Is this where I post a retraction?

Lee Mingwei wasn't really pregnant:
1999: MalePregnancy.com (Web Hoax)

Lee Mingwei, the first pregnant man
This website documented the case of Mr. Lee Mingwei, supposedly the first man to bear child. A variety of documentary evidence was provided to allow visitors to track the progress of Mr. Mingwei's pregnancy, but in fact all of the evidence was false. The site was really created as an art project by the conceptual artist Virgil Wong. In fact, it would be theoretically possible for a man to bear a child by means of an ectopic pregnancy (and taking female hormones), but due to the high risks involved, no one has ever attempted such a procedure (though in 2002 Doctor Chen Huanran in Beijing announced he was seeking volunteers).

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 10:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• if it werent for the designer baby thing i would have believed it!
    aliciatron

• okay, that makes more sense to me now...I didn't get how it could possibly work!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 11:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I can't wait to see if the research they've done saying that men wouldn't be able to withstand the pain of childbirth is true. Come on, chickens! Let's see a volunteer!! :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 7:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2009