has any of you mommies gone through this?

i just found out today on my 4D ultrasound that im having a girl, and i really wanted a boy and was picturing my life with a boy, but i dont know how tom describe this feeling, i dont know if im disapointed, sad, angry or afraid! what does it feel to have a little girl? is just that all my life i've suffered so much and im afraid :( i mean i dont even feel like talking to my baby, i dont know how to handle this feelings or what it is?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 10:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ... if i were you i would just be happy you are having a healthy baby girl or boy you'll love it the same :] i mean i'm scared that they are going to say i'm having a boy cause i want a girl me and my boyfriend do but if they do say boy than i will be happy because it's my little blessing and i love it either way :]
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• some women just have to wait till its really real, meaning the baby is in your arms before all the mothering feeling comes to them, it will come to you don't worry.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Hmm, it's something you need to figure out on your own. Are you afraid that she would get hurt like you were? I was molested by my grandfather and feared that something like that would happen to a daughter if we had them, because statistically children of parents who were molested tend to be molested. I had to get over that paranoia because I was having a girl, no matter what. I wanted a girl too, but it was still scary.

I really wanted a boy this time though, but have accepted that two little girls will be awesome! :)

You just need to find out why you are so upset, and then cope with the issues you know?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I felt that way when I found out I was having a boy hate to say it brought a tear to my eye because I thought it was a girl but know I cant imagine my life without my little boy hes such a sweetie its normal to have Gender depression but it will soon pass trust me
    Anonymous

• me and my SO wanted a boy sooo bad... picked out only a boy name, was CERTAIN i was having a boy lol... Well we found out we were having a girl, and he was disapointed and i wont lie, i was a little too.... but honestly, im just happy to have a healthy baby and be able to have children... Im so excited to have my little girl here in april!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Just keep trying or adopt.I personally didnt care, I would have rather had a girl but as long as my child was healthy...I didnt care. As long as my baby is okay and healthy, that is perfect to me.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I did go through this for a very short while when I found out my 2nd was going to be another girl. But I thought about all the joys a little girl brings and I was over it. It might take you longer but it will come. And if it doewsdn't come until you hold her in you armsa don't worry once you see her it won't matter what her sex is.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• it's great having a baby girl...you'll love her and then when you're ready to have another, you may have a boy next...so don't dwell on wanting a boy right now...you're having a girl...be excited!!! everything should turn out great!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I really wanted a girl. And found out it was a boy. I was kinda disapointed at first. But then as I shopped for him I got more and more excited. And now that I have him I hate that i ever doubted it. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Just give yourself time to adjust, and trust me everything will be different the second you hold her in your arms.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i wanted a boy so bad i did not even choose out a girl name
    then they told me i was having a girl and the samething that is going on with u happend to me
    but then i started to think as long as my baby is healthy and can fit in the the baby clothes and are so cute then i will be fine
    now i cant wait to have my little girl i think im more excited now then when i found out i was pregnant (im 37 weeks)
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2009